Friday, July 20, 2012

13 Shot Dead at Batman Premier

At least 12 people were killed and 50 were being treated at Denver area hospitals after a shooting at a midnight showing of Batman, the youngest a 3-month-old baby.  READ MORE>>>
I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, but I will say a few things.

If it weren't an election year, you could expect that this tragic (and thankfully rare) event would be one of the main reasons those in the anti-gunliberty movement would be pushing for stricter gun laws.

Next, if you have a gun you need to carry it and carry it everywhere.  I have at least one gun that I carry with me everywhere (including to work and church).  Yes it's much less likely that you'll be involved in a life-threatening situation in a movie theater, but those odds just changed for the worse today.  I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Likewise I'd rather be a little uncomfortable at a movie because a gun is digging into my back than have to live with myself knowing that I could've saved my life or the life of another but chose to leave my gun at home.

Lastly, my thoughts and prayers go out to those murdered, injured, and affected by this shooting.

May God bring swift justice to the murderer and comfort those affected by this demonic event.

No comments:

ShareThis