Monday, December 21, 2009

Brittany Murphy Dies at 32


I was going to do a whole discussion/commentary on her death but then I returned to my senses.

Instead, I thought I'd give her a respectable obituary.


Brittany Murphy, 32, died yesterday in her home after battling what her family described as flu-like symptoms. You probably remember her from the films 8 Mile, Clueless, and my personal favorite Uptown Girls. However, she also appeared in a few music videos including Tears for Fear's "Closest Thing to Heaven" and Luscious Jackson's "Here" and lent her vocals to Paul Oakenfold's billboard topping dance single Faster Kill Pussycat.

It's always a sad day when someone unexpectedly dies, but somehow it seems just a little more dispiriting when someone like Mrs. Murphy passes. I can honestly say that she was one of my favorite actresses and had a delicate onscreen presence that's rarely seen. Moreover, she didn't seem to be one of the typical phony Hollywood types that we've all come to expect. She is survived by her husband and mother and father.

Mrs. Murphy you'll be missed.

No comments:

ShareThis