Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Miracle: SEALs to the Rescue!

It's always great hearing this kind of news, even more so on Easter.

US sea captain freed in swift firefight
An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday and three of the pirates who held him for days in a lifeboat off the Somali coast were killed in a operation by U.S. Navy Seals that was approved by President Barack Obama, officials said.

Capt. Richard Phillips' crew, who said they had escaped after he offered himself as a hostage, erupted in cheers aboard their ship docked in Mombasa, Kenya. Some waved an American flag and fired a flare in celebration.

The U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet said Phillips was resting comfortably on a U.S. warship after receiving a medical exam.

U.S. officials said Obama ordered the Defense Department to use military resources to rescue Phillips. Obama said the captain had courage that was "a model for all Americans." The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not yet authorized to disclose the president's decision-making process. READ MORE>>>

I feel a Michelle Obama moment coming on...

Seriously, I've never been a fan of Obama and I've been very candid about that fact.

I don't like his voting record; I don't agree with the direction that he wants to take this country; and I think he's flat out wrong about a lot of stuff, but this is the first thing that Obama's done that has made me smile.

It's the first time I've ever been proud of Obama.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's wrong on like 99.99% of the stuff that he wants accomplished, but this .01% decision he made to order the SEAL rescue of this Captain was the right decision.

Let's hope this starts a trend of our President acting in the best interest of our country and it's citizens.

No comments:

ShareThis